Sunday, February 19, 2006

"It's The Terror Of Knowing What This World Is All About"

So that was an interesting weekend, I have to say.

Our field trip to Congress was really rather cool and went off without much of a hitch. I must say that I despise driving the school bus, especially at 9.00 in the morning in DC traffic. Not an experience I want to relive anytime soon. The students were actually pretty well behaved, and we got to see lots of nifty stuff.

Friday night was mostly spent sleeping, because dear God did I need to catch up on that. But that was the least interesting part of the weekend.

No, the real fun started yesterday morning, when Michelle and I braved the Virginia DMV. I finally got my Virginia driver's license, complete with the obligatory crappy license photo. Then we headed down to Mansassas to put gas in the car and find some food. We searched far and wide for an IHOP-esque place, but the only IHOP we found had a line out the door, so we had Thai food instead (yeah, so very like IHOP, I know). On our way back to Fairfax, we saw a used book/CD store and decided to stop by. $35 later, I emerged with a bag full of goodies. Michelle got out spending less but with far more books (I found three books, two CDs, and two old VHS animes; she only bought books). We made our way home, and I putzed around for a few hours and then headed over to her place for dinner and a party. Much alcohol was consumed...too much, really, as I discovered the hard way.

I also decided that letting Michelle's friends mix my drinks for me is a bad idea. I only had three, all of them in those 16 oz. plastic cups that are so popular for parties. The first drink was 1/3 soda and 2/3 various types of alcohol. The second drink was 1/3 orange juice and 2/3 various types of alcohol. The third drink--the one which did me in--was, I'm fairly certain, totally alcohol with some orange food coloring in it. I was done for the night after that one...well, aside from stumbling to the bathroom to vomit and then stumbling back to the living room to pass out in the floor (after taking 4 tylenol, that is). In the process, I earned Lauren's grudging respect, no mean feat.

Anyway, when I woke this morning, I wasn't hung over (amazingly!), and Michelle fixed us all a lovely breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and cinammon rolls. Then I went and helped Wendy strike set at the high school.

So all in all, a rather eventful weekend. Thankfully, tomorrow is President's Day, which means a day off! God knows I need one after the weekend.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Ben Folds Five, "She Don't Use Jelly (Lounge Version)"

4 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

post the driver's license photo!

barring that...post Chuck vomitting photos!

Anonymous said...

You've become quite the party person. Must be that new environment. ;o)


Mel

Noise Monkey said...

being that close to congress does that to a man.

Chuck Cottrell said...

There will be no posting of disturbing photos here...unless I find one that amuses me.

That being said, the driver's license will remain a mere rumor of a thing, intangible and ne'er seen by mankind, 'less that person be an officer of the law. As for the Chuck vomiting photos, no such things exist. I did my pukin' in private, thank you. I'm a contientious guest.