Sunday, February 12, 2006

"February Made Me Shiver"

So school's closed tomorrow because of the weather. Apparently, even though the streets are pretty damn clear, we're afraid of someone dying on the way to the school or something. I don't know. Not that I'm complaining, mind: that's one day less I have to plan for and one day less I have to deal with the students.

Vicki and I got to hang out last night. We went to dinner and I gave her a quick car tour of DC (and managed not to get lost, a first for me). I wish we'd had more time to hang out and chat, but it just wasn't in the cards, what with the weather and all.

So yeah, today I spent a good two hours with Tim shoveling the driveways and clearing off the snow from on top of and around the cars. My back hurts like hell from the shoveling, so I'm gonna take some Aleeve here in a minute and sorta collapse on the bed for awhile, then maybe draw tomorrow's comic. Michelle and I had amazing adventures in Tyson's Corner, searching for their Best Buy (which didn't have a huge-ass sign sitting out by the street; no, their huge-ass sign was inside the freakin' building behind a couple of large windows. We totally missed it the first time through). I purchased a cheap new printer for the History classroom at school, 'cause the printer we've got has decided (despite the installation of two new ink cartridges) that it no longer wants to print anything, black & white, color, or otherwise. If I wait for the administration to get around to repairing and/or replacing it, I'll be an old man, so I took matters into my own hands.

Anyway, plans for tomorrow include sleeping in a bit and helping Wendy get some stuff set up at her school for their dinner theatre (which is happening this week, Tuesday through Saturday). Shouldn't be anything too stressful, and I get tomorrow night to work on my lesson plans and stuff for school. Excitement.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Minus 5, "There Is No Music"

No comments: