Thursday, February 09, 2006

"I Shake Like A Toothache"

Lord, what a week it's been. They keep asking me to cover other classes at school, and while I'm more than willing to be flexible and a team player and all that jazz, they keep taking me out of the one or two classes I really need to be in. Isn't this why we hired a new substitute teacher last week? Or was I mistaken when I believed she was going to take care of stuff like this?

Vicki, a friend from the OU Writing Center, is in DC this weekend for a job interview. I'm gonna try to meet with her tomorrow after work and go have dinner or something fun like that. Haven't seen her since I left in July, so it should be an entertaining and chatty reunion.

I haven't been getting nearly as much sleep as I should lately. At least, that's how it feels. It's strange, but I seem to need more and more sleep lately. The six hours a night thing that I'd survived on for the past year so isn't doing it anymore. I need more. I keep wanting to crash at like 7.00 pm, and then I accidentally take a nap and wake up around 9.00 and then can't get to sleep and it starts all over again. I'm hoping to reset the old internal clock this weekend with a couple of nights of good sleep. Man, it makes me his the heady days of college, when I could survive on a couple hours of sleep a night for weeks on end. Stupid growing up and taking responsibilities and crap.

Also, a note to the CD-selling stores in the Fairfax area: get in the latest Minus 5 CD. I want to hear it now, and you bastards (and I'm especially looking at you here, Tower Records, with your little yellow tag on the rack saying the album is on sale) are just taunting me by not having it. C'mon, not everyone is buying Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson albums, you jerks. We want some good music.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: My Morning Jacket, "Lay Low"

No comments: