Friday, October 17, 2003

Welcome

Hey all, and welcome to an experiment. An experiment in what, you ask rhetorically? Or maybe you don't, I don't know. This is a chance for me to ramble. That's really about the extent of it. I wanted someplace with more freedom and flexibility than my rantspace over at Dim Bulb, because though the rant space is fun, it's very difficult to edit it on the fly. This seems like it'll be easier, and maybe Adam won't accidentally delete my posts here :).

The other thing about the blog as opposed to the rant space is freedom of topic and tone. At Dim Bulb, I feel that I have to be funny, or at least vaguely entertaining. I don't feel such an obligation here. I think I can have the chance to be more...complete, more realistic. Admittedly, what is written here will still be shaped by the fact that I'm aware I have an audience. That's sort of how things work--I have this need to perform, but I don't want to be pigeonholed as a one-note joke, as it were.

So anyway, this'll be a chance for me to more fully express myself. Besides, everyone else seems to find these things so bloody fascinating, I thought I'd give it a shot (we mostly have Dav to blame for it, honest, though I doubt I'll be anywhere near as eloquent or profound as his Live Journal is). Maybe you'll enjoy this, maybe you won't. I don't know, and don't honestly care that much. This is for me; you just get to peek in.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Counting Crows, "Mrs. Potter's Lullaby"

No comments: