Sunday, August 06, 2006

"You'll Get Paid On The Moon"

It's been a gorgeous weekend here in Northern VA. The sun's been out, but the temperature is a good fifteen degrees cooler than it was earlier in the week (brining daytime highs down into the mid-80s). At night, it's actually dropped into the 70s, meaning I was able to drive home after dropping Chad and Michelle off with my windows down. It's fantastic.

Friday night was spent hanging out with Chad and Michelle. We watched a couple of episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and then the Woody Allen film Crimes and Misdemeanors, so it was an evening well-spent. Saturday morning and afternoon were spent shopping for presents for various family members. I found stuff for Clif and Dad; now I just need to find something for mom and for Bailey (whose birthday will come next month).

Saturday evening, Michelle, Chad, and I made a jaunt down to Fredericksburg for a gathering at some friends' apartment. Stories were told, discussions were had, and we listened to some Eric Clapton. When we finally left, Michelle was exhausted, Chad had a headache, and my eyes were sore. We were a motley crew.


It's been a pretty relaxed weekend, overall. Which is probably good, considering I won't really have any chances to relax for the next couple of weeks and weekends. Next week is the last week of summer school. I also need to get my room in some semblance of order before Clif arrives on Friday. He'll be in the DC area starting Tuesday, but he has a conference thing he has to participate in until Friday afternoon. We're going to hang out together next weekend, then board separate planes to head to Oklahoma. Then it's time for my week and a half where the winds come sweepin' down the plains, during which I'll visit many friends and family (note to self: need to contact friends to let them know I'm coming). Then I come back to Virginia, rest for a couple of days, and then teacher orientation/preparation arrives and I have to start work and stuff. The summer is rushing to its conclusion, and I only hope there's some time in there somewhere for me to relax a bit.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Moxy Fruvous, "You Will go to the Moon"

No comments: