Tuesday, August 08, 2006

"Weary And Worn Out"

Got a call from Clif earlier this afternoon. He has arrived safely in the DC area, which is good. He'll do his conference thing until Friday, then we shall get together and all hell will break loose. Or we'll play some music. Y'know, whatever.

Wen and Tim are loaning me their iPod for the trip home. They never use the thing, so it just sits there gathering dust. I started putting my CDs in iTunes last night. I'm not doing all of my CDs, obviously, 'cause I don't need all of them and that'd take forever. I'm just cherry-picking the stuff I really want to have (most of my Dylan, my Beatles, Van, The Boss, Wilco, Elliott Smith, Tom Petty, the Flaming Lips...y'know, essentials), and I've already got...um...over a day's worth of music put on the thing. 1.3 days' worth, actually, and I'm not even through the Dylan (keep in mind, I'm going through my collection alphabetically). I think I'll have enough music to keep me occupied in Oklahoma.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Band and Friends, "I Shall Be Released (Live)"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you have been receiving my e-mailings apropos the weekend of the 18th/19th/20th. I have delayed leaving until either Sunday morning or Saturday evening specifically so that I can see you either Friday evening or Saturday day or both. Contact me!