Monday, August 07, 2006

"We Start This Time With Open Ears"

I stayed back this afternoon while the rest of the school went rollerblading. I'm not entirely heartbroken about this. I don't really care for rollerblading, and they were gonna have to go all the way to Manassas to do it. I stayed here and did a couple of errands for tomorrow's field trip.

The one big problem is that one student who didn't want to go stayed back. He's a nice-enough kid, but he can be very off-putting and frustrating. He never shuts up. Talks and mutters to himself constantly, but loud enough that I can hear him across the room. It's frustrating because I want to just turn around and yell "shut up!" at the top of my voice, but I can't do that. Gentle reminders don't really seem to do the trick, either, 'cause he starts right back up after a minute or two.

My friend Chad's driver's license somehow ended up in my school bag. I think it fell into the bag when he was laying down in the backseat on the way back to Fairfax after the trip to Fredericksburg on Saturday. Very strange.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: My Morning Jacket, "The Way that he Sings"

No comments: