Friday, August 25, 2006

Dylan Owns You

Bob Dylan's upcoming release, Modern Times, gets a five-star review from Rolling Stone. It comes out on Tuesday, and you know I'll be at the store as soon as possible to pick up my copy.

He's also gonna tour behind the album (of course: Dylan's Never-Ending Tour isn't just a clever name), with bands such as Kings of Leon, the Foo Fighters, and Jack White's Raconteurs opening for him. He'll be in Fairfax on November 17, and I'm planning on being there, too ('cause I just can't get enough Dylan, even if you can't understand a word he sings anymore).

The record sounds like it'll be promising. I've heard some audio clips of it, and this is some very vital if a tad traditional music (we're talking ragtime, blues, folk, rockabilly, jazz...it's like the first fifty or sixty years of the 20th century wrapped up in one neat package).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "High Water (for Charlie Patton)

No comments: