Friday, May 19, 2006

"In Fourteen Months I've Only Smiled Once"

Tonight is Prom Night for Accotink. I've been invited to chaperone this evening, which I guess I'll go ahead and do. A lot of our students aren't here today because they're busy getting ready for it. I have to dress up to an extent, in large part because there's a banquet thing at Wen's school before I go to the Prom.

Part of what I've been doing to help get ready for the big night is drawing sketches of all of the seniors. I'm almost done with them, but still have a few left that I haven't been able to do because I haven't had the time or the students haven't been here. I'm just going to have to draw some of them from memory, I guess, which'll be interesting. The woman who asked me to draw them--one of the senior's mothers--is going to help me frame or matte them this afternoon during Art Class. She's also got a cousin (or nephew...someone's cousin, I dunno) who plays guitar who is in town and is going to come by during lunch so we can jam for the students. Should be an interesting experience.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Roger McGuinn, "Up to Me"

No comments: