Sunday, May 14, 2006

"GOO GOO GOO JOOB"

I spent a good part of the weekend drawing comics. I also picked up several new CDs: Let it Be and Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles, the Gross Pointe Blank Soundtrack, Rilo Kiley's The Execution of All Things, and Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker. So hurray for new music.

Michelle picked up Kids in the Hall, Season 3 at Best Buy yesterday. I'm in the middle of watching the second disc, 'cause she loaned it to me. Damn, this is a funny show. The real advantage of KITH over, say, Saturday Night Live, is that KITH keeps their sketches short. They don't run a sketch or joke too far, let it get stale, or last longer than it should. A lot of their sketches are over and done with inside of two minutes. So they manage to get a lot more humor into each sketch and show than you'd imagine possible.

The wireless router went out at the apartment this weekend, which didn't really affect me but did Wendy and Tim. We went out after church today to a computer store and bought a new one. We also checked out a bunch of laptops and stuff, and Wendy and I came up with a plan. See, she wants to get a really small laptop that she can take with her wherever she goes, and I just want one that's fairly decent in terms of power and disc space, etc. The one she's currently got would actually fit the bill, and is worth about what the small one she really liked at the store cost. So what I might do (assuming I get a job in Fairfax County Public Schools) is buy her computer off her and sell my old desktop (which is now almost four years old, I'm realizing).

Anyway, I've more Kids in the Hall to watch before I sleep.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Fool on the Hill"

No comments: