Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"If I Should Fall Behind"

So. Weekend recap. There's a hell of a lot to recap, so buckle in, hold on to your hats, and we're off.

Thursday and Friday: camping. I spent most of the time playing my guitar. Anytime I can get paid for pitching a tent, playing a guitar, and eating s'mores, I am totally down with that. Soap Box Night went off pretty well, though a couple of acts had technical difficulty. One of the acts I was in didn't go as planned, either: the kid drumming got a little too enthusiastic, and I stood no chance of competing with all the sound he created. He had fun, though, and was very pleased with his performance, so I just let it go.

Saturday: I got talked into helping a coworker move to a new apartment. I arrived at her apartment to hear, "we don't want to have to break the bed down to move it. Can't we just move it as-is?" Keep in mind this was a full-sized bed and that she'd only been able to rent a small (7' x 10') moving van. I laughed for a good five minutes, took her bed apart, and got it put back together at her new apartment in about ten minutes. Afterwards, I went to Chad's house for crappy movies (Bloodrayne), decent wine, and good conversation. Smashley does indeed look like Uma Thurman, Michelle, or possibly my friend Lindsay from OU.

Sunday: Exhausted from a long Saturday, I slept in and missed church, condemning my soul to eternal damnation I'm sure. Said soul was redeemed, however, at the Bruce Springsteen concert Sunday night. Hearing that man play is like a religious experience, especially when he opens with the one-two punch of "O Mary Don't You Weep" and "John Henry," which had everyone standing and stomping. I'll have a more complete review of that show up later.

Monday: I cleaned the bathroom. I learned to play "O Mary Don't You Weep." Michelle and I hung out and watched Inspector Gadget (one of the coolest shows ever). I played some Kingdom Hearts. Groovy times, my friends. Groovy times.

Tuesday: I accidentally slept until 8.30 this morning, rendering me rather late on my first day back after an extended weekend. Not the best way to start the new week, but thankfully it's a short one. We've got a trip to King's Dominion scheduled for Friday, so that should be fun.

I also talked to my boss again about summer school. She'd forgotten to check on it for me, but promises to have an answer before the day is out. If nothing else, one of my coworkers brought up another job possibility, so we'll have to see how that goes.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band, "When the Saints Go Marching In (Live)"

No comments: