Thursday, December 15, 2005

"Hey Mr. DJ"

This is almost enough to convince me to get XM Radio. Admittedly, we're talking about Bob just spinning the records that catch his fancy and talking about whatever the hell it is he mumbles about. But honestly, at this point I'd probably pay money for him to sit there and read the phone book while he strummed a guitar, so maybe I'm not the most objective person for this matter.

We only had a half day at school today because of the weather. In a way, I was glad for the break, but I really think they need to stop burning through all of our snow days so early. We've still got January and February to get through, and the weather today didn't really warrant shutting the county schools down as far as I could tell. Admittedly, I think school closings are based on how well the buses can navigate the roads, so if there was concern that the buses couldn't operate in the crap we ended up with by the time school should have been out (a slushy rain. Mostly rain), then I guess I can see the wisdom in closing down.

And hey, I never mind working half a day for a full day's pay.

Still counting down the hours until the new guitar arrives. I was hoping (irrationally) that it might get here this afternoon--y'know, early--but no such luck. Honestly, it wasn't a logical expectation, but I'm anxious to get my hands on a Martin of my very own. Can you really blame me?

Part of me will miss playing the Fender, 'cause I know I won't really play it all that much after I get the Martin. I mean, why would I? I'll probably still use it for the Music Club at school, because I really don't want to take the Martin there (that's just asking for trouble), but aside from that, the Martin will get all the playing time. The Fender's been a good guitar, though, a great instrument to start out on. Considering it was also a gift from my father, I'm definitely hanging onto it (despite a couple of kid in the Music Club asking if I'd be willing to sell it).

I baked cookies tonight for school tomorrow. I feel all domestic and stuff. Now to play a couple of rounds of MarioKart DS before bed.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty, "Christmas All Over"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

I hope you had some clean pants handy when you read about that...