Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Twenty-Twenty-Twenty-Four Hours To Go-o-o"

Things I have accomplished in the last twenty-four hours:

1) Started feeling much better (still kinda don't have much of a voice, though).

2) Bought groceries.

3) Vanquished the Evil Smell in the Kitchen (it was something in the fridge, which had to be purged of its contents, purified with fire and bleach water, and consecrated by members of the local religious community before we could restock it with edible food).

4) Watched some Monty Python's Flying Circus.

5) Hit baseballs at a batting cage for the first time in about a decade or so.

6) Got access to the Dim Bulb site via FTP again (so I uploaded somethin'!).

7) Slept like a baby and dreamt that PT Cruisers got 50-odd miles to the gallon, but only if you bought the basic model (the fancier models, however, only got 25 or so MPG).

Yes, I am truly a Renaissance Man.

I also bought the tickets (well, on Tuesday night, actually) for Michelle and I to fly to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks. The ostensible rationale behind the trip is to make an appearance at dad's wedding reception party, but the tacit reason (well, guess writing it down here doesn't make it so tacit, does it?) is to give Michelle a chance to meet the rest of my family. We're taking a side trip out to Wichita to see Mom as part of this little jaunt, so I actually rented a car as well (the first time I've ever rented a car). I anticipate good times and way too many embarassing childhood stories from my grandfather.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Hem, "Not California"

No comments: