Monday, March 12, 2007

"She's The Second-Best Killer That I've Ever Seen"

The household's conversion to Macs continues to please. This week, I got the scanner and printer set up on the network (so we can print from the laptops even if we're not directly connected to the printer). I tried doing some comics, but the programs I had on the Mac didn't work the way I wanted them to. I'm going to have to see what I can work out.

A good part of the weekend was given over to getting the cars cleaned up from all the nasty weather we've had in the past few weeks. I got my car washed on Saturday and Michelle's washed on Sunday. Both efforts took well over an hour each. I was not happy about sitting in a line for that long, but after all the snow storms and ice and all the sand and salt they put down to deal with that, we really needed to clean the cars.

Michelle spent a good part of yesterday afternoon cleaning the downstairs of the apartment. It looks fantastic down there now. Next stop: the office and the bedroom closet, both of which need a serious overhaul.

Next weekend, the plan is to get some furniture we're in need of (a futon for the office/guest room, possibly some more bookcases). This probably means another trip to Ikea, which is never a bad thing.

In other news, the new Arcade Fire CD, Neon Bible, is fantastic. I listened to it several times yesterday while running errands and waiting to get Michelle's car washed.

More stuff to talk about later, but it's time to earn my pay.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Arcade Fire, "Keep the Car Running"

No comments: