Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yeah!"

So a conversation with the service department at the local GM dealership indicates that the problem with my car is probably not the head gasket. The guy says the intake gasket right above the head gasket seems to be our likely culprit: a repair that isn't quite as expensive as the head gasket, at least, but is still more than I'm really wanting to shell out for my car.

But it's good to know that whatever's wrong with this can be fixed. The guy is supposed to call me back and let me know exactly where we stand and give me an estimate this afternoon. We'll see how it goes from there.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Leonard Cohen, "Hallelujah"

1 comment:

dculberson said...

Hey man, I don't know if you saw my previous comment, but you really should call an independent shop and get a price quote as well. The dealership might charge you something if you have it taken from them without them completing the work, but it might save you a lot of money. Where are you located? I might be able to recommend a couple shops.