Sunday, April 13, 2008

"You've Done It Again, Virginia"

Friday was the school's annual talent show, Soap Box. As per usual, I was dragged up on stage quite a few times. One of my students (the only one left in my Thursday afternoon Music Club) and I worked up a song that we recorded for the show, and that went over very well. The whole thing worked out pretty good; the students all performed well, the crowd was appreciative, and everyone left very happy.

Michelle's grandfather is coming into town this week from New York. A lot of our week will probably be devoted to his visit in one way or another, but it's good that he's taking the trip and getting out of the house.

I've been listening to She & Him a lot this past week. Though it's kinda slight in terms of lyrical content (mostly just straight forward love songs), it's a fun collection that's well-done and entertaining. What more could you really want?

~chuck

Song of the Moment: She & Him, "Sentimental Heart"

No comments: