Wednesday, April 23, 2008

An Open Letter to Gas Stations in the Northern Virginia Area

Dear Gas Stations,

Hey, I'm glad you're around. Really. It is endearing that we're paying $3.50 for fuel now (didn't we invade the Cradle of Freakin' Civilization so oil prices will stay down? How's that working out for us?). I mean, honestly, I'll apparently continue to pay the prices, since I kinda need my car and all.

But seriously, why did you have to go and install the damn tvs?

The gas station was one of the last places I didn't have to deal with commercials. Sure, you had the print ads that were all over the place, but I can ignore them. But the tv screens with sound...was this really necessary? I don't have a refuge anymore. Movies have more commercials at the beginning of them than previews, radio plays like equal parts music and commercials (granted, all the stations are playing the same five songs all the damn time), and now this!

Well, congrats, America, you've finally broken my will to live.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Daniel Lanois, "Where Will I Be"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Well it's about time.

Andrew Youngs said...

Exactly why I don't plan on getting a car and going green instead. I will have to end up paying more in the long run for fuel than I will have had to for the dang car.

Aside from that though, metro bus really isn't too horribly expensive. I do agree with you for that part though, the TVs at the Shell stations are a bit unnecessary.

See you when I get back from Alaska Mr. C!

I will take plenty of Photos.
~Andrew Youngs