Monday, January 28, 2008

Why I Can't Keep Up

I may just have to give up on music, I tell ya.

See, just when I think I'm starting to catch up and get a bit ahead of the curve on music, either some previously-unknown-to-me band comes along that I have to now catch up on, or they re-release an old album that I love that's either remastered or has added bonus tracks (or, often, both).

Take, for instance, that the Van Morrison catalog is being re-released this week with remastering and bonus tracks. Now, considering that most of Van's catalog was released on CD a couple of decades ago now, the sound quality on the original discs ain't great. Remastered CDs would be a great draw.

So what do I do? Do I just stick with my old, don't sound as good CDs, knowing in my heart that there's a better-sounding version out there with bonus tracks? Or do I buy new copies of all these albums that I've already got?

Argh! Music just doesn't want me to catch up.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Van Morrison, "You Make Me Feel So Free"

No comments: