Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yeah"

I have come to hate driving on the East Coast, and by extension, every single person who lives here.

It took us an hour to get home from work last night. It's a drive that, even with traffic, shouldn't take more than 30 to 35 minutes. On top of that, I had some asshole pass me on a windy, hilly two-lane road. And all it got him was just ahead of me. That's it. Not like he got miles and miles of distance on me from that asinine, that cockslap.

But I've noticed this about East Coast drivers: every single one of them acts as though they were the only person on the road. When there are thousands of cars around you all the time, you can't act like that. It's one thing to act like you're the only one on the road in Oklahoma, where there's at least a 50% chance you are the only car on the road, but it's absurd to do that here.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Drive My Car"

No comments: