Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Am I Singing You The Right Blues?"

It's been a gorgeous day in Northern Virginia. I sold my Epiphone beater guitar earlier this morning to a guy just learning to play. Sold the crappy electric on Thursday. This frees up space in my collection for a 12-string. I am happy about this prospect.

Started getting my grade book in order for the coming school year this afternoon. I'm trying to plan things ahead this year and do stuff that'll be easy to implement regardless of whether I'm the one implementing it or not.

There's a reason for this.

See, one of our student's needs US History, but he isn't available during the two periods the class is offered for various reasons. So we're doing it as an independent study...except I'm not available the period he'll be doing it, and neither is the other history teacher.

So we've got the PE teacher facilitating the IS and me putting together the content. Wee.

I am really looking forward to the coming school year, though. I get to spend almost the entire day teaching history, which could possibly get old after awhile, but it's better than getting crammed into a math class again like I have been the past couple of years.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Josh Ritter, "The Next To Last Romantic"

No comments: