Friday, July 13, 2007

"Poor Man Wanna Be Rich, Rich Man Wanna Be King"

Today is my six month-iversary. That's right, Michelle and I have made it six whole months without her killing me! This is truly a cause for celebration.

And we are, kinda. Next week, she's got the week off and I'm taking a few days off myself. We're looking on going on a little mini-vacation to just get the heck out of town and relax for a couple of days. God knows we could use the break.

Summer school is going well, but I don't remember it wearing me out this much last summer. Maybe I'm doing more work this summer? It's possible. Lord knows I'm working the kids pretty hard.

I've been listening to the band Spoon a lot lately. This is not a bad thing, I feel, and it's definitely something I could get used to.

In other news, I probably could use a haircut, but it ain't gonna happen. This hair shall get long enough for a ponytail, I swear it!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "Adam Raised a Cain"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - the words in your title are of course from Badlands not Adam. I found your blog by googling them. I am studying for an MBA and wondered if the words had ever been commented on academically. the train of thought being from reading a quote from Fritz Roethlisberger (1974)
‘The physicians want to be surgeons’, he would say, ‘the nurses want to be physicians, the aides want to be nurses, and no one wants to fluff my pillow’