Thursday, September 16, 2004

"Have You Seen Me Lately?"

Ah, so near the end of the week, and not a moment too soon! A couple more hours of work, class tomorrow morning, and I'm off the hook until Sunday.

Of course, the weekend contains plenty of goings-on. For starters, we're finally getting around to watching the second part of the Joseph Campbell Interview with Ev tomorrow evening. Considering we watched the first part back in like June or early July, this is a long time coming.

Saturday night, if my foot is up to it (which it currently isn't), I was thinking about going to hear my uncle's band play in Yukon (same venue where Beth and I saw him way back last semester). The status of my foot is relevant because inevitably, I'll be forced to dance (that's apparently what is done at these sorts of things), and I'm not going to risk hampering my mobility again just to dance to a cover of Van Morrison's "Tupelo Honey."

Of course, there's also the OU football game to contend with Saturday. It's an afternoon game (kickoff is 2.30), which means the streets ought to be passably drivable by 9.00 pm (when the gig starts up in Yukon). Of course, I'll need to leave here closer to 8.00 to get there on time, but surely they can clear some of Norman's main streets by then, right? Right?

Yeah, I doubt it, too.

In other news, my paycheck tomorrow is bigger than I assumed it would be, to my very pleasant surprise. My checking account is happy about this. Very happy.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Counting Crows, "Have you seen me Lately?"

No comments: