Wednesday, September 29, 2004

"Big Dark Clouds On A Yellow Plain"

The long days at work are really getting to me. I took a couple of hours off earlier this afternoon just so I could recover, and it really didn't do much except make me realize how nice it would've been not to have to come back to work.

But such is life. I just keep telling myself the paycheck will make up for it.

Had a hell of a time sleeping last night. I was restless the whole night, and kept waking up about every hour. At one point, I had a bizzare dream--it was day, and I got up and got ready as I usually would. But instead of going to class and then work, I went to the mall (of all the freakin' places to go). While I was there, I happened to look down at my watch and realize it was about 11.45 am...and I thought to myself, "hmm, I missed class and work." Then I went back to perusing the Van Morrison CDs (I was in a CD store, and all they had were Van Morrison CDs...the only problem with that was that I had most of the ones they were selling).

Anyway, it was bizzare and rather surreal. It also proved to me that I need a good night's sleep. Maybe tonight.

And maybe I'm a Chinese Jet Pilot.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Mark Knopfler, "Wanderlust"

No comments: