Saturday, September 18, 2004

"Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?"

Well, plans changed last night. I was supposed to watch part of the Joseph Campbell interview with Ev and a few others, but most of the others didn't show up, Ev was tired, and I wasn't up for doing much heavy thinking. So instead I gave Ev a lift to Wal-Mart and then went to Yukon and caught my uncle's band. Great show. Some of the songs off their upcoming album are simply amazing. My uncle (who wrote the music for several of the tunes and the words for my favorite, "Fire of Love," which is apparently about his son and having to be away so often because of the military) is a superb tunesmith and knows how to write catchy hook. He's also a kick ass guitarist who really knows how to rock on solos, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, after the show last night, we all ended up going to IHOP (the rich man's Waffle House) for a late night/early morning meal. That was good, since I really hadn't eaten anything substantial all day. Admittedly, it probably wasn't the greatest idea waiting until 2.30 am to have a real meal, but at least I had one.

Probably going to go see them play again tonight (same bat time, same bat channel). Sounds like the OU game just ended, so hopefully things will be clear enough in an hour or so for me to leave and maybe arrive when I need to (I was a wee bit late last night). Their setlist will probably be completely different tonight, but half the fun is discovering what songs they're going to play anyway, so I don't really mind.

Got a call from Beth this afternoon. She finally got paid by Florida State (enough to pay bills and be comfortable, which is nice), and will apparently be sending me money owed in the next couple of days, to which I can only say "woo-hoo!" No worries about making October's rent (which is a nice change of pace from how it's been for the past five or six months).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Regular Joes, "Fire of Love"

No comments: