Friday, January 02, 2009

"One Big Holiday"

We managed to survive the holidays, though not without casualties: Michelle's been sick since the day after Christmas, which caused our New Year's celebration to be cut short (apparently vomiting up lots of mucus is cause for concern? I dunno).

Regardless, it's been nice to have some time off. I actually feel rested, which is a unique treat. I'm sure this feeling of ease and restfulness will come to an abrupt end Monday morning, but for now I feel rather nice.

Chad was in town this week and spent a couple of days with us. Of course, since Michelle was sick, that meant we mostly sat around and watched DVDs. In fact, we watched the entire 11th season of the Simpsons yesterday. I'm not sure whether or not I should be proud of that fact.

The cats have loved having us home so much. They don't really alter their behavior any, it's just that they have us to sit on for several hours a day, and that's grand.

One of Michelle's Christmas presents was a Sim City collection. She's spent most of the past week playing Sim City 4. I may have to stage an intervention.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Liam Finn, "I'll be Lightning"

No comments: