Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Don't You Give No Jive To Me"

We finally set up the new fish tank over the long weekend. As I'd suspected, setting it up didn't take more than an hour, it was just difficult for us to find the time and energy to spend that hour getting things up and running.

The tank looks great, though. I'll try to post a picture of it when I think about it.

Spent a lot of time last week listening to the latest in Dylan's Bootleg Series (volume 8, for those keeping score at home). It's nice to hear unreleased and alternate stuff from the past couple of decades (it's hard to believe that the 1980s are a couple of decades ago. Ugh! Like I need to feel old or something). I do have one beef, though: some of the song selection was a little week. For instance, did we need two different versions of "Mississippi" and "Dignity?" Honestly, "Dignity" isn't that great a song to begin with, and one version would've been more than enough. Why not some more of his soundtrack stuff, or maybe an alternate take of "Things Have Changed" (from the fantastic Wonderboys soundtrack)? I'm also still waiting for him to actually release the amazing solo acoustic version he did of "I'll Remember You" on the movie Masked and Anonymous. I mean, it was absolutely gorgeous, but wasn't anywhere to be found on the soundtrack to that film. C'mon, Dylan, it's a great reinterpretation of your own work!

I notice how Apple's put out the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros this week. I know that my own computer is still in perfect working order and doesn't need to be replaced yet, but I can't help salivating over these things. I am a little put off by the fact that they've completely done away with the mouse button, though. I mean, I get that the touchpad has reached some sort of new plateau or whatever, but I'm old fashioned and liked having a button.

Also, I'm afraid it'll just be that much easier for the cats to jump up on the computer and accidentally purchase a song from iTunes.

I have an interview on Thursday for an after-school tutoring job. Don't ask me why I want to spend more of my time working.

I leave you with this: the cats spent a good half hour watching me clean out the old fish tank a couple of weeks ago. They were absolutely fascinated by it. They are also tiny as hell still, even though they're already over a year old. Michelle and I think they will remain tiny forever, 'cause other cats we've seen that are younger than they are significantly bigger. Our cats are scrappier, though.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Blind Willie McTell, "Southern Can Is Mine"

No comments: