Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday

In that post-Thanksgiving lull (oh, glorious, glorious tryptophan!), I find myself watching Stargate (the movie, not one of the series) and vegging out on a Friday morning. Good times.

A lot of the commercials I saw this week indicated that some stores are opening up as early as 4.00 am. I'm pretty certain it wasn't that ridiculous last year or any previous years. I always thought the earliest the stores opened was 6.00 am, and even that was excessive. Seriously, who's so intent on getting their shopping done the day after Thanksgiving that they'll drag themselves to the store at 4 in the freakin' morning to shop?

Sadly, I expect the stores were actually packed at that hour.

Michelle and I have decided to do all of our Christmas shopping online to avoid the idiocy of the whole thing. Personally, I think it's the best solution.

So we have - in case people were unaware - adopted two cats. They are the cutest things ever. They're sisters, about 12 weeks old, and very friendly. The black one we named Ninja Steve, and the gray striped one we named Cecilia.




Poor Ninja Steve has a fungal infection that started out on her head but has expanded to a spot on her hind leg, the base of her tail, and behind an ear. We're taking her to the vet on Tuesday to see if they can do anything about it.

We picked up the new OS X Leopard on Wednesday. So far, I'm real pleased with it. Sometime before the end of the weekend, I'm going to set up boot camp and get Windows on here, too...not because I desperately want to have a Windows operating system on my computer again, but because there are a lot of programs that are just easier to find or get through Windows than Mac. It's a matter of expediency and ease of use, that's all.

Later this weekend, I'll post my list of favorite albums from this year. Damn, was it a good year for music.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Arcade Fire, "(Antichrist Television Blues)"

No comments: