Monday, January 02, 2006

"Using Ideas As My Maps"

Today is the last day of freedom before I return to teaching. I used the first half of it sleeping, because apparently I decided not to go to bed last night until about 4.00 am. The rest of this week is going to suck in that respect: no more sleeping in, no more late nights. I went and totally ruined my sleep pattern in the space of a single week.

I'm going to take some time this afternoon to get some lesson plans worked up for the next couple of weeks of school (getting ahead never hurt anyone) and try to get some more of Crooked Halo - The Musical! scripted out so I can post the first musical number on Wednesday. I'm still not quite sure how I'm going to show it's a musical--none of the lyrics I've written are actually to any tune or anything except in my head and I don't know how to translate that to the comic--but I think I've got a few rather entertaining songs ready. At least three or four are already started, I have ideas for two or three more, and this could be some sort of major undertaking. Ah well. It amuses the hell out of me, and we established long ago that I don't do anything that doesn't amuse me.

Later on this afternoon I'm going to watch some Aeon Flux with Michelle. No, not the crappy generic sci-fi movie version, but the old-school MTV cartoon. Y'know, the interesting one. So I should probably also clean up my room a little at some point, 'cause I've got lots of (albeit clean) laundry lying around all over the place.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Alison Krauss and Union Station, "Pastures of Plenty"

No comments: