Saturday, December 04, 2004

Tilting With Windmills

We actually have students here in the Writing Center. On a Saturday. On a Saturday for which we opened up specifically for these students (among others). To say that I'm amazed that we had anyone show up would be an understatement.

Had a tough time getting into work this afternoon. They're holding high school football championship games here at the stadium today, so there were only a couple of gates open and I couldn't park under the stadium. When I arrived at one of the open gates, I was hassled for carrying some outside food & drink and a boombox (we needed music today, by Jove). After I explained to them (repeatedly) that I'm an employee here just trying to get to work, they let me in. But it was a bigger pain than it needed to be.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Windmills"

No comments: