Monday, October 04, 2004

"Yours Is The Last House On The Street"

Just got back from jogging. My goal is to run four days this week, up from last week's three days. Next week, I'll try for five days. I may not be going very far yet, but I'll make sure I'm doing it as often as I can handle.

While I was out jogging, I saw a guy ride by on a bicycle. He had a helmet on--something I never bother with, because I've never worn one to ride a bike in my life--but what struck me as odd was that he was talking on a cellphone while he pedalled.

Now, call me silly, but I'm thinking that riding a bike and talking on a cellphone at the same time is even stupider than driving and talking on a cellphone in a lot of ways. I mean, if you go to brake in a car while you're on the phone, you've (hopefully) got a seatbelt on and won't get tossed through the windshield and into the street. But if you're on a bike and have to brake suddenly, if you have one hand holding a cellphone up to your ear, I can't see that that would end well. Well, unless you're a bystander who, like me, finds watching stupid people injure themselves in unnecessary ways amusing, in which case the scenario ends with the best possible results.

Anyway, that just struck me as kinda stupid. On top of that, the guy was wearing bike shorts, which are not only too tight for anyone to wear, but completely devoid of pockets.

Talked with my aunt yesterday, and she may have me babysit Bailey (my cousin's daughter) while my aunt and uncle attend a funeral Wednesday (that all makes sense when you realize that my aunt and uncle are watching their son's daughter, Bailey, while he and his wife get all packed up to move back to Oklahoma from New Mexico. They didn't want Bailey underfoot while they were trying to pack, and this also gives my aunt and uncle a chance to entertain their granddaughter for a couple of weeks...except that this funeral came up and they need someone to watch Bailey, 'cause two year olds don't do well at funerals).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Cake, "No Phone" (no, the album that song is on has not come out yet; but it does tomorrow, and I'll be getting it)

No comments: