Sunday, October 10, 2004

"Admit That The Waters Around You Have Grown"

It's been raining all day. Really, it started raining sometime last night, but that was off-and-on, and it's been coming down pretty consistantly since I woke up this morning.

What this all means is that I drove to work for the first time this semester. Drove right into the stadium and parked not twenty feet from the door I come in to get to work. I figured it was better than arriving drenched to the bone.

It's been dead quiet this afternoon. I had a couple of students in earlier, but one of them didn't need any help (except that he thought I was his personal spell-check--apparently the boy needs to learn how to sound out things phonetically, or just how to spell basic words) and the other had a paper that was real easy to look at because it was well written. Beyond that, it's been silent and empty.

Which is really fine by me, because it means I don't have to do much. But I wish there were someone else here, 'cause it's kinda lonely and time is dragging. It feels like I've been here for an eternity, and it's only been 3 1/2 hours.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: REM, "Finest Worksong"

No comments: