Monday, August 09, 2004

"You Always Got To Be Prepared, But You Never Know For What"

It's Media Day here at the OU Athletic Department, which means that all the fans of the football team get to come out to the stadium and see the football players and stuff of that nature. It's basically a big hoopla publicity thing that they do every year to pimp out the football program. What it means for us is that there are people everywhere around the stadium today. There's a line that I can see outside our window running from one end of the stadium to the other...and these are just the people outside of the stadium on this side. It's ridiculous--all those people in crimson t-shirts standing around for hours just to catch a glimpse of college students in shoulder pads.

Anyway, this thing will hopefully be done with by the time I leave work later this afternoon. If it's not...well, I'll have to do something drastic. Like take a few of them out with the bumper of my car. I mean, it's called a bumper for a reason, right?

I still haven't had a chance to catch up on webcomics since I got home. I missed almost two weeks of updates (the only comic I really kept up with over my vacation was the Jaded, 'cause the archives on it are still pay-only since it's on Graphic Smash). That's a whole heckuva mess of comics to look at, and I'll probably just get caught up in time to leave again and miss another four or five days' worth of comics. Eesh.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Aerosmith, "Last Child"

No comments: