Tuesday, August 24, 2004

"Bob Dylan's 115th Dream"

I had a bizzare dream last night.

I was walking through a town--it wasn't a town that really exists, though it seemed to be a conglomeration of several towns I've lived in, mostly Norman and Clarksville. I had my discman with me, and I was listening to a song on it. The song is not a real song, I don't think, but it was one I recognized in the dream and liked (it was a good tune, I remember that. I just wish I could remember the tune itself). It was a Bob Dylan song, from the '90s by the feel of the music and the sound of his voice (but not by the lyrics...there were some lyrics, but again, I don't remember them). I simply recall that it was a good song, and one very much removed in tone and feel from most of Dylan's latter-day work--it lacked the weariness and cynicism that's marked his past few albums. It was an uplifting song, really, and all I remember is walking through this town that doesn't exist, listening to that song, and thinking how good it was to be alive.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrol"

No comments: