Sunday, November 16, 2003

"Born Before The Wind"

Well, the weekend at Ozarks was a wonderful vacation from reality. No obligations, no required activities, no deadlines, no heavy reading (except for when I was playing Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on X-Box, oddly enough--the game, while exceptionally well-done and very entertaining, had no voice acting, but only text. LOTS of text). Watched several movies, including Matrix: Huge Plotholes (aka Revolutions), Matrix: Reloaded (after having watched Revolutions. Neither one made any sense because of this), and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (featuring the world's best Marka Hamill and Carrie Fisher cameos ever). Got to see several very close friends whom I had not seen in much too long. Basically spent the weekend in the presence of people whom I love and adore, and didn't really have too much to worry or think about. Life is good.

Now I am back in Norman, sitting at work. I spend a lot of time sitting at work. While sitting here, I'm contemplating an idea my father half-jokingly planted in my head this afternoon while we were washing the car.

I think I'm going to apply to Cambridge.

Yeah, that's Cambridge University in Cambridge, England. Yes, it's one of the most prestigious schools in the English-speaking world. Yes, I have about as much of a chance of getting accepted as I do of getting a date in the next five minutes. But by God, what's the point of living if you don't take risks and chances, right? And who knows--I might just get accepted, and how kick ass would THAT be?

In other news, my old car, the Sunfire, was sold today to Jessica Bowie. I'm given to understand that selling vehicles and the like to friends is a double-edged sword of a deal--on the one hand, you can give them a good deal, you know it's going to a good home, and you know it'll be taken care of. On the other hand, if something goes wrong with it, they know who to blame.

I was thinking that I'll really miss that car, then I remembered that I'll still see it all the time, like an ex-girlfriend whom you have classes with. Only chances are, I'll still be able to ride in the Sunfire. Won't be driving it anymore, and that's a shame because I always enjoyed driving that car, but so it goes.

On a completely unrelated note, I got one of those AOL-type CDs in the mail over the weekend. Y'know, the ones for the free trial? Well, the activation code for this one is "summer-monkey." I found that amusing in ways I cannot even begin to describe. And, apropos of nothing, I can't decide whether to get the Glen Phillips "Live at Largo" album (which comes out Tuesday) or Jars of Clay's latest offering, which came out a couple of weeks ago apparently. Perhaps both? No, not enough cash for both. Probably go for the Glen Phillips and ask for the other one for Christmas. What does this have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing, but I'm just rambling and filling up space for now. Booya.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Barenaked Ladies, "Another Postcard"

No comments: