Monday, July 31, 2006

"The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down"

So apparently E3--the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or "thousands of unwashed gamers get together to be lied to by the major gaming companies," is no more. Apparently the press event where most major videogaming announcements are made every year was too expensive to keep putting on for the intangible returns the companies would get from it. So they're gonna just do smaller expos in various locations from now on.

Except...they've decided to ressurrect E3 as E3Expo...which I think is one of those redundancies like ATM Machine. Not really sure of the point myself. I was in favor of not having the big event anyway, because it means everyone saves up their big announcements (new systems, big games, etc.) for that one time. It's overkill during E3, and drought the rest of the year.

But honestly, who the hell cares? I certainly don't.

In more important news, I got paid today, and my paycheck was larger than I thought it would be. So that was nice.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Jayhawks, "Waiting for the Sun"

No comments: