Monday, June 07, 2004

"She Gave A Smile But I Was Shy And I Looked Down--So Down"

So it turns out my money woes aren't nearly as woeful as I assumed them to be.

For starters, Jess and Dom paid me more than I thought they were going to for watching their cats. Part of me is annoyed by this--the amount they gave me was the amount I initially refused, telling them it was way too much. But I'm just gonna accept it, and take them out for dinner sometime after they get back and I've got enough cash to do so.

Second, when I go home Wednesday for the Eric Clapton concert (wooo!), mom's going to do my laundry, take me shopping (for groceries and various and sundry necessaries), and fill my car up with gas.

Third, it turns out I have a lot more money in my savings account than I thought I did, due to two facts: (1) I couldn't actually remember how much was in my account, and (2) my parents took the money from when we sold my old car to Jess & Dom and, instead of keeping it as I'd assumed they would (since they just gave me mom's old car gratis, and I thought we'd decided they were going to use the money from the sale of my car as a down payment for mom's new vehicle), they deposited it in my account. So I've pretty good on cash. Mom's going to deposit another $700 or so in my checking account later this week for me to use to pay tuition for the summer and to pay rent in July.

So things aren't nearly as bad as I'd thought. I still need to work on my money management, but at least I have some money to manage now.

In other news, I helped Jessica's parents haul all the tuxedos back to the tux shop this afternoon. I think we actually managed to get everything returned without losing anything, which was an impressive feat. That was basically the afternoon's activity, aside from writing some lyrics down for a bluesy tune while waiting for her parents to show up. I'll maybe post 'em here or over at the Livejournal later.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "No Poetry"

No comments: