Monday, May 23, 2005

"Still The Rain Kept Pouring"

So we had a nasty little thunderstorm around 6.00 am this morning...which is all well and good, except it woke me up. And there was hail. I haven't had a chance to check my car, but I fear there's hail damage. Stupid hail.

I usually like storms. I like falling asleep to them. I don't like being woken by them. Violent awakenings--such as the phone ringing right next to my ear or someone knocking on the door or a window-rattling peal of thunder--make me tense up. My pulse gets quicker (which makes it hard to go back to sleep), and all of my muscles get real tight. Which means my neck and shoulders are killing me right now, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Admittedly, part of the ache may just be delayed reaction from Saturday, when I spent my time either walking around or paddling a canoe (which is harder work than you'd think), or from Sunday, when I spent the entire day in a car. Either of those could also be contributing to my current pain. My kingdom for a massage, I tell you!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Eric Clapton, "If I had Possession Over Judgment Day"

No comments: