Monday, January 05, 2004

"Get In Line"

Let it be known that the University of Oklahoma Bursar's Office stole three hours of my life this afternoon.

Yes, I stood in a freakin' line for three hours just so I could pay OU $449 and find out that I have to go to a different office (that of Housing and Food Services) to take care of the stupid late charge that's on my bill. A late charge which, I might add, is only on there because they didn't realize I paid last month's rent on time, the morons.

This was part of what I liked about Ozarks--all of that crap was in one place. And if it wasn't in one place, the other place you had to go was within a two minute walk. And if the person you needed to talk to wasn't in their office, you knew where they were. And they didn't give you freakin' hassles like I've had to deal with the whole time I've been at OU.

I swear, the only thing that's made my stay at this God forsaken place worthwhile is the friends I've made, a couple of the professors, and the fact that I'll have a Master's Degree at the end of it, and even all that's starting to pale in comparison to the unbelievable amount of crap I have to go through each time I get a bill from this damn school. I swear, I shouldn't have to deal with this much crap each time I get a bill, and that's exactly what it seems like happens. I spent three, four months last year trying to get them to remove one damn late charge from my account, and another few months trying to convince them to not charge me for a class I wasn't taking because they'd accidentally double-billed me for a class. Every single problem I've had with finances and such at this school has been because of their incompetence, and I'm getting tired of the run-around I have to deal with each time their stupid asses make mistakes.

Y'know what's really funny, though? I bet there are students out there who wouldn't question the extra charges, or the double-billing on tuition, or anything like that. They'd just pay for everything and go along their merry way, none the wiser. I think that's why the school keeps these stupid little bugs in their system--it's like free money.

Stay tuned for our next episode, when I'll be illuminating other conspiracies, such as where cafeteria food really comes from and what it's really made of, and the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body. Yes, they're connected in exactly the way that sentence is meant to make you think they are.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Mississippi"

No comments: